Tuesday, September 23, 2008

September Fest Opening concert at Longy on Friday

I was going to say a few things about the concert on Friday and I was just reading the blog and saw that someone else had posted something about it already. And as I thought, and already heard from others, the main thing people are talking about is that "funny" piece by Teddy Bor. In my opinion it was funny because it was new for me and the other reason was the people that were performing it (I still find P. D. Q. Bach funnier). But the main thing that I was thinking about was not how funny the piece was but about the fact that they put this piece in the program right next to Roger Tapping's performance of Schumann. I personally didn't think that was very appropriate. Maybe (hopefully) Mr. Tapping didn't feel that way and didn't think that was disrespectful in any way.

No comments: