Monday, December 1, 2014

The Review of The Class

It is almost the end of the semester. After 12 classes of “The Future of Classical Music,” I benefited very much from not only reading books by Cook, Hewett, and Levine, but also blogs written by my classmates. In the class, we always bring the latest information about music to each other, and discuss it; our discussions include the past and future of the classical music’s development and tendency. Sometimes there are special guests who visit, and make our class more interesting. We have had two appointments with Dean Chin to talk about how to make Longy better, how to improve the school, and obtain his sincerest responses. Although some of our questions have not been resolved, I appreciate that the school cares about students’ ideas.


I like the arrangement and the content of this class, and I enjoy the process of our discussion every time. When I finish this class, it inspired me several new points and attempts of classical music such as the presentation of the performance, audience’s reactions, and the development of the classical music.

No comments: