Sunday, September 23, 2007

no answers.... only questions....

Hello, class......
I actually don't know what to write, because I have a lot of thoughts going in my mind, but none of them is solved by me... So, that means mine posts going to be mainly question for audience....
What matter me most(or "what really grinds my gear" quoted from Family guy) is:
"Will classical music stay alive as a genre and will we need classical musicians in future....?"
There is some points that guided me for such a though...

1.Most of the classical music right now is recorded.... as you now some of them accounted as a standard(I can't find appropriate word for french"etalon")... so why do you need to make it better if it is already "the best".....

2.It is a fact that average teenager will choose to listen to Maroon 5 or RedHotChiliPeppers over Mahler symphony. So classical music is unpopular. Question: is classical music for elite? Yes, I think so.... Classical music evolved from royal family's everyday must have to alone standing thing. Pop(Popular) music is basically the same peasant's folk songs with repeated motive in accompany line....

Quote from Urii Temirkanov"21 century humanworld is based on a word "easy"... Pop is easy to understand, it wakens up your primitive feelings... opposite to this is a classical music, you need to work hard to understand it and it brings very complex feelings".....

No comments: