Monday, November 8, 2010

Juventas New Music Wiki entry

Hi all,

Today is truly a "report from the front" as I am writing to you from Salt Lake City, UT! I took an audition yesterday for the Utah Symphony and will be returning to Boston tomorrow (though not in time for class). In any case, I do have something to share.

It may not look like much, but I have begun assembling the Wiki page for the Juventas New Music Ensemble. For now, I am just doing this as a sub-page under my user name, but I will transfer it to a real Wiki page once it is ready and has enough sources. I would love your feedback regarding the layout, content (what little of it there is), and any suggestions for other categories you think I might need. Does anyone know of any other well-known new music ensembles who have Wiki pages that I might refer to?

Also, I can't figure out how to explain my references with additional text. For example, my first reference appears as the full link "http://www.boston....etc" but I would like to put something before it that says, "Boston Globe, 1 December 2009, etc..." Has anyone figured out how to do this? Professor Jackson?

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing you all next week, or sooner!

Best wishes (from the front),
Dave

2 comments:

Erica said...

Hope your audition went well! Say "hi" to Utah for me. :-)

Unknown said...

Looks good so far! Be sure to check out Juventas' website too for more info (www.JuventasMusic.com). Also, you could look at Eighth Blackbird's wiki(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighth_blackbird) or the the Kronos Quartet's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kronos_Quartet)