Monday, November 22, 2010

White Light Festival thoughts

In today's New York Times, there is an interesting discussion between all of the Time's music critics about the recent festival at Lincoln Center. The White Light Festival was a two week series of concerts all over New York that focused on the concept of "spirituality." There were presentations of both western and non-western music.
Being that I live in Boston, I haven't been able to attend any of the concerts (althought I wanted to), but I have been reading the reviews as they hit the web. I think it is interesting to think about themed festivals, or in a more practical sense for our own performing, themed concerts. Just how loosely can a group of concerts (or pieces) be strung together to maintain a theme? Is it really always just a marketing ploy, or can a thoughtful grouping of concerts/pieces really illuminate our understanding?

NY Times Article

Lincoln Center Festival Page


Also, on a completely unrelated note, I also completed my professional website. Take a look!

No comments: