Monday, October 29, 2007

one of the biggest dissapointments in my life.......

YOu can judge me for that opinion....... BUT... it is only mine and I can be wrong.....

Yesterday I listened to Itzhak Perlman concert in Boston Symphony....
When I found out that he is going to play solo music I was so excited that I will hear the ONE, THE very PERLMAN...
He played
J.S. BachSonata No. 3 in E Major for violin and keyboard, BWV 1016
that was really good

R. StraussSonata for violin & piano in E-flat Major, Opus 18
I had a feeling they were reading it

SchumannPhantasiestücke (3 Fantasy Pieces) for violin & piano, Opus 73
he was over using gliss...(though hiss gliss is very nice.)

Small works.(Sight reading and not a great choice)

Perlman playing wasn't perfect, it was a lot squeaking false notes......

for example: in Saint-Petersburg we have pianist Grigorii Sokolov and when he is playing encore pieces you can hear that work have been done the same way the serious pieces been worked: with form, idea and real phrasing..... but he is not very popular and not world famous, but is very well known in Russia and Germany...

And even more afterwards everybody in the hall was applauding and as always everybody was telling each other how great it was......

If you have a big name, name start to work on you.......

No comments: